||Super MB Star
||Built-in air supply
||Smoke Leak Detector
||Air Intake System Detect
||Exhaust System Detect
||Turbo Charged System Detect
||Cooling Systen Detect
||Vacuum Pipe System Detect
SDT-208 AUTOMOTIVE SMOKE LEAK LOCATOR
ATTENTION: If there is any destination tax/duties for the package, that is afforded by buyer. Thanks very much for your understanding!
1. Non- technical person shall not change, disassemble or repair the product, otherwise all losses caused by this shall be bared by the user himself.
2. This product is not suitable for leak detection of smoke sensitive parts such as headlight assemblies.
3. This product can only be powered by 12V car battery, the positive and negative poles can not be reversed.
4. Before placing the universal air intake bladder into the engine intake hose, clean the inner hose of the bladder to ensure that there is no spikes, in order to avoid spikes pierce the air inlet bladder.
5. If the smoke is becoming weaker during use, it indicates that the oil is insufficient and please fill in oil in time. Before filling fresh oil, please pour out the remaining oil in the detector.
6. The product has overheat protection device, when the Over Heat Protection light is red, the smoke will stop output. When the temperature decrease to the normal range, the device will resume operation. The cycle is about 5 minutes, so you don't have to worry about it.
7. When you use this detector the first time, please fill 20-30ml oil, not beyond this range.
8. Liquid paraffin and baby oil are OK. Please fill fresh oil with equipped oil bottle.
The AUTOOL SDT208 Smoke Detector is designed for pipeline leak detection of vehicles' air intake system, fuel system, and cooling system.
It is suitable for all family cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles, off-road vehicles, ATVs, light trucks and speedboats.
It is the golden partner of the car diagnostic instrument.
It can be used with the car diagnostic instrument to accurately determine the location of the physical fault of the car and quickly detect the hidden fault of the car engine.
Input Voltage: 12V/ 24V
Pressure Control: Built-in
Operation time for one test: 15 min
Flow control: Built-in
Pressure maintain: 2 sets
1. After assembling the smoke leak detector, inject about 30ML smoke oil for the first time.
The test oil for each injection should not exceed MAX scale. It is suggested that the testing operation should not exceed 15 minutes.
2. Open the engine cover and remove the air filter. Some vehicles need to remove the air flow sensor.
3. Put the intake bladder/ adapter into the intake hose of the engine to block the pipe, and press it hard until the intake hose is sealed.
4. Connect the power cord to the car battery, the red clamp to the positive electrode of the battery, and the black clamp to the negative electrode.
5. Turn on the power control switch, the POWER lights up, indicating that the power supply of the smoke generator is normal.
6. After pressing the STANDARD MODE switch, then pressing the AIR START switch, the air pump starts to work.
Only when the air pump starts, the SMOKE START switch can be pressed to start work.
7. After pressing the AIR START switch and the air pump starts work, pay attention to the pressure gauge calibration.
If the pressure gauge calibration exceeds 15 PSI, the flowmeter beads sink to the bottom and remain unchanged,this indicates that no leakage has been detected. If the pressure rises slowly and the flow meter monitors the air inflow all the time,it is necessary to check whether the assembling and parts are installed properly.
After no error found, the system is confirmed to have leakage, press the SMOKE START button.
8. Smoke starts when SMOKE START switch is pressed. After smoke start-up, OVER HEAT PROTECTION lights up if the oil in the machine is insufficient or the continuous working time is too long, resulting in overheat of the system.
It will resume work until the temperature drops to the normal range.
9. According to different types of vehicles, about 1 minute after the start of smoke, the engine pipeline will be filled with smoke,and the system leakage point will be checked.
10. At the end of the inspection, take off the power cord and keep the accessories for next use.
The main body of the intake bladder/ adapter is made of rubber. Please avoid expose to corrosive liquids such as gasoline.
Detection Method of Fuel Evaporative Emission Control System (EVAP)
Since 1996, cars manufactured in the United States have been equipped with EVAP service ports; in most American cars, EVAP service ports are usually located in engine compartments, but some special models of EVAP service ports may be located in other locations.
EVAP routine detection method: open the plastic cap of the EVAP service port, then remove the one-way valve clockwise using the valve core wrench, then install the adapter of the EVAP service port, then import smoke from this port into the EVAP system for leakage detection.
Judgment of Leakage Condition
About Smoke Oil
If the machine is equipped with pressure gauge products, you can first not to open the smoke generator switch, block the smoke outlet,observe and confirm the pressure gauge readings, and compare the pressure gauge readings in the detection process.
If the pressure gauge readings can continue to rise and maintain rising up, this indicates that there is no leakage in the system;
if the pressure gauge readings decline, indicating that the system has leakage.
If the pressure gauge reading is zero, it means the size of the leakage point is more than 0.3 mm.
1pc * Smoke Machine Main Unit
1pc * Black Pipeline Plug
1pc * Smoke Pipe
1pc * Red Pipeline Plug
1pc * Storage Box
1pc * Scaled Oil Bottle
1pc * Power Cord
1pc * Cone Inlet Adapter
1pc * Adapter
1pc * Intake Adapter
1pc * Valve Core Wrench
1pc * User's Manual
1pc * EVAP Adapter
1pc * Certificate card
Attention: Color maybe different with pictures
This product can function with ordinary fume oil or baby oil. The selected fume oil must be pure, non-aqueous liquid and in a fluid state.
Do not use sticky or dense smoke oil, which can easily damage the machine.
If the product failures are caused by improper use of smoke oil, this shall not be covered by the product warranty.
When adding smoke oil, please use the pointed measuring bottle.
If the oil exceeds the MAX, please open the oil outlet port and discharge the appropriate amount of fume.